2020 Candidate Filing
Filing for any office wholly contained within Washoe County can be be completed at the Washoe County Registrar of Voters office located at 1001 E. 9th Street, Building A, Rm 135A, Reno, NV 89512. Please bring your photo ID that reflects your current residence address with your filing fee (payable by cash, certified check, or cashier's check per NRS 293.193) and allow approximately 20 minutes to complete the filing process. Click here fo the list of filing fees.
Candidate Filing Periods
- Judicial Candidate Filing Period January 6, 2020 - January 17, 2020
- For more information on filing for Judicial Office, CLICK HERE (this link will take you to the Nevada Secretary of State's website)
- Non-Judicial Candidate Filing Period March 2, 2020 - March 13, 2020
- For more information on filing for Non-Judicial Office, CLICK HERE (this link will take you to the Nevada Secretary of State's website)
Click on the link below to see the qualifications for offices that are wholly contained within Washoe County in the upcoming 2020 Elections.
- State Senate
- State Assembly
- County Commissioner
- District Court Judge
- Regent, University of Nevada, District 10
- School BoardTrustees
- General Improvement and Fire Protection Districts
Other offices not listed above?
Candidates for statewide and multi-county offices file with the Secretary of States office.
- CLICK HERE for more information regarding filing with the Secretary of State.
For offices elected in Municipal elections, the respective City Clerks are the filing officer.