Adult Day Health
Adult Day Services provide coordinated programs for adults in a safe environment. Services are designed to provide social and health services to adults who need supervision and supportive care outside of the home. These programs also offer respite for caregivers from caregiving demands.
Daybreak is a licensed adult day program established in 1983 to support the needs of frail, disabled and cognitively impaired adults 18 years and above by providing social, nursing, and community support as well as serve as an alternative to institutional care.
Daybreak is the only medically based program in the region supported by full time nurses. Community Health Aides provide personal care support, social activities, and therapeutic activities including physical and cognitive exercises, as well as a noon meal and daily snacks.
Services provided include:
- Nursing for health monitoring, medication management and care coordination with primary care physician.
- Activity Programs with planned social and recreational activities along with daily activities for mental and physical stimulation. June Activities
- Nutritional Program serving a midday meal and snacks. June Menu
- Case Management providing psycho-social assessments, needs assessments and community referrals through a senior social worker and certified case manager.
- Therapy Screening for rehabilitation services
Entrance into the program is dependent upon available space, completion of medical forms (History and Physical form or for Medicaid clients: Universal Needs Assessment Tool and Physician Evaluation for Adult Day Health Care Services), 2 step TB testing, intake interview and program agreement packet. Waitlists can occur due to space limitations and funding sources.
If you are interested in Adult Day Services please feel free to tour our program during business hours; no appointment is necessary. Should you want to enroll your loved one in the Daybreak program, contact social worker Trisha Beaupre at 775.328.2765 to schedule an intake or contact the Daybreak program directly at 328.2591.
The program is open Monday through Friday 7:30 am-5:30 pm; closed weekends and Washoe County holidays