Washoe County Health District Refund Policy
It is the purpose of this policy to establish a refund policy for the Washoe County Health District (WCHD).
In order to request a refund, a written request must be submitted utilizing the Request for Refund form (click here). No refunds are done at customer service windows. The request must be mailed, faxed, e-mailed, or delivered to the WCHD:
Washoe County Health District
1001 East Ninth Street
Reno, NV 89512
Air Quality Management (AQM) - Fax (775) 784-7225 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Environmental Health Services (EHS) - Fax (775) 328-6176 - email@example.com
Vital Statistics (Birth/Death Records) - Fax (775) 785-4184
Community & Clinical Health Services (CCHS) - Fax (775) 328-3750
For AQM & EHS:
- If within three working days of receiving payment for a permit staff determines the customer was not required to have a permit, a full refund including the 4% Regional Technology Fee, will be given.
- After the three working days, all refund requests will be subject to a deduction of 10% for Administrative fees in addition to the 4% Regional Technology Fee.
- Refund eligibility period is 90 days from the date the fee submitted.
- A refund is not available if staff have completed the work associated with a fee submitted for services.
- Annual permit fees are non-refundable upon the first day of the renewal period (i.e. a May 1st renewal that is paid will not be refunded if request on or after May 1st)
- Late fees are non-refundable.
For Vital Statistics (Birth/Death Records)
- A ten-dollar search fee is non-refundable.
Refunds will be processed per the noted methods:
- Refunds made by check could take up to 3-4 weeks to process
- Refunds will only be issued to the party that originally issued payment.
- No cash refunds will be processed unless an established policy or procedure exists for the operational unit. Refunds for cash payments will be processed immediately and refunded by check.
- Refunds for payments made by check will be refunded by check after the original payment check has cleared.
- Refunds for payments made by credit or debit card will be refunded as a credit back to the original card only. The WCHD does not keep card information on file. If the customer cannot be reached a check will be issued. If the customer can be reached, but the original card is no longer active, a check will be issued.
Adopted by the District Board of Health: February 28, 2013; revised October 24, 2019; revised September 24, 2020.
Request for Refund forms:
Last modified on 10/13/2020