Wolf Pack Coaches Challenge Teacher Materials
Thank you for participating in the Wolf Pack Coaches Challenge. Below are all the materials needed to complete the challenge with your class.
- Program Instructions
- Lesson Plans
- Coaches Challenge Weekly Tracker Full Sheet / Half Sheet
- Electronic point calculator for tracking sheets
- Letter to Parents (English and Spanish)
- How does the Coaches Challenge fit with The Nevada School Wellness Policy
Each lesson plan aligns with Common Core, Next Generation, and Social and Emotional Learning Standards. The standards addressed are listed on each lesson plan (though may vary slightly by grade), and can be easily augmented with the inclusion of a written reflection, explanatory essay, grade appropriate math problems, or other classroom or homework assignment.
Lessons can be changed and adapted to fit with your current curriculum, and are designed to be flexible, such that they align with the needs of your particular classroom. They promote small group collaboration, and aim to increase health knowledge while addressing academic goals in language arts, math, and science.
The resources below provide information regarding nutrition, nutrition standards, and nutrition education, as well as ideas concerning how to better incorporate physical activity into the classroom.
- Energizers - Classroom-based Physical Activities: K- grade 2, grade 3 - grade 5
- Indoor Fitness Breaks
- Active Academics
- Brain Break Ideas
- Hip Hop Public Health
- Physical Education Resources for Teachers (TeacherVision)
- Tips for Teachers: Motivating Movement
- Nevada Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program
- CDC Strategies For Recess In Schools
Handouts for Students
- Activities for Children: Step up and Stay
- Top 10 ways to build better eating habits
- Smart Snacks in Schools Infographic
- Cut Back on Sweets Tip Sheet
- Kid Friendly Veggies and Fruits
- Ten Tips to a Great Plate
GetHealthy@washoecounty.us | 775-328-2474
Last modified on 10/09/2020