Environmental Health Services (EHS)
Environmental Health Services (EHS) ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws regulating food, waste, water, vector and other areas of public health in Washoe County. While many programs emphasize enforcement, EHS also maintains strong education components, promoting a collaborative approach with industry to meet established public health goals at the local and national levels.
- Child Care Facilities Inspections
- Food Safety / Protection Services - Information for running a food establishment
- Hand-Washing tips
- Hotels and Motels/Public Accommodations
- Land Development
- Mobile Homes and RV Parks
- Public Pools & Spas
- Tattoo & Piercing and Permanent Make-up
- Vector-Borne Disease Prevention/Mosquitos & Rodents - Protecting the public's health and well-being through prevention of human disease, discomfort, annoyance, and economic loss caused by vector species and vector-borne diseases agents such as insects and rodents.
- Waste Management - For solid waste, monitoring waste collection and disposal, and education for waste reduction, recycling and the purchase of environmentally friendly products.
- Permit to Operate Application
- Contact Info for Local Plans and Permitting Agencies
- Recalls (www.recalls.gov) - a list of recalled products ranging from cars to toys to drugs and food.
Phone: 775.328.2434 (Option #4) Fax: 775.328.6176 For your convenience, Citizen’s Access at onenv.us is available to make a payment or apply for a permit online 24/7.
Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.* (no payments will be accepted after 4 p.m.) *Permits requiring monetary transactions must be completed by 4 p.m., including plan submittals.
Closed: 8 - 10 a.m. the fourth Thursday of every month. Exception is November and December (closed 8 - 10 a.m. the third Thursday).
Environmental Health Services Washoe County Health District 1001 East Ninth Street, Building B, 2nd Floor Reno, NV 89512
The Health District is located in the Washoe County complex at the corner of 9th Street and Wells Avenue in Building B. The Environmental Health Services Division is on the second floor, through the first door at the top of the stairs on the left.
Sewage, Wastewater and Sanitation (SWS) Hearing Board The Sewage, Wastewater and Sanitation Hearing Board, through the Washoe County Health District, meets as needed, when an appeal or variance hearing is required by the regulations governing sewage, wastewater or sanitation. For further information, including meeting agendas and minutes, click here.
Food Protection Hearing & Advisory Board (FPHAB) The Food Protection Hearing & Advisory Board, through the Washoe County Health District, meets as needed, when an appeal or variance hearing is required by the regulations governing food establishments. For further information, including meeting agendas and minutes, click here.
Last modified on 10/14/2019