Elected in 2012, Commissioner Marsha Berkbigler represents Washoe County Commission District 1, which includes portions of west and southwest Truckee Meadows extending south along the eastern Sierras to include portions of the Tahoe Basin. A longtime resident of northern Nevada, she brings her extensive background as a respected and influential government, business and community leader to Washoe County.
Commissioner Berkbigler has a BA in Business Management from California Coast University. She also holds an AA - Paralegal degree from Reno Business College, with additional studies in Political Science and Government from Truckee Meadows Community College and the University of Nevada, Reno.
Berkbigler brings a wealth of experience as a respected legislative advocate at the federal, state and local level. She has earned recognition for effective lobbying efforts and is known for her compelling public speaking and ability to clarify and resolve polarizing issues. She has led crucial phases of lobbying and public relations action plans, as well as represented companies in multi-state legislation involving multiple lines of business.
Consistently selected to lead complex negotiations, Berkbigler currently serves as a liaison to the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN), Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Governing Board and the Washoe County Investment Committee, to name a few.
As a committed member of our community, Commissioner Berkbigler has also served on numerous community boards and commissions including the Reno Sparks Chamber of Commerce, the TMCC Foundation and KNPB’s Board of Trustees.
Current Board Appointments:
- Community Homeless Advisory Board
- District Board of Health
- Nevada Tahoe Conservation District Board of Supervisors
- Tahoe Prosperity Center Board of Directors
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Governing Board
- Tahoe Transportation District Board of Directors
- Tahoe Transportation Commission
- Truckee Meadows Regional Planning Agency Governing Board
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority (Alternate)
- Truckee River Flood Management Authority (Alternate)
- Washoe County Stadium Authority (Alternate)
- Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) (Liaison)
Commissioner Berkbigler is also the Washoe County Strategic Goal Champion for two key initiatives, including building a professional, unified team and employee engagement, focused on enhancing the effectiveness and reputation of Washoe County and improving service delivery and positive customer outcomes.
Last modified on 01/31/2019