Short Term Rental Permits
STR Permit Application and Guide
Supplemental STR Application Documents
- Vacation Rental Safety Information Sheet
- Emergency Preparedness Guide (English / Spanish)
- Bear Awareness Brochure
Submit Your STR Application Online Through OneNV.us
- Prepare all required documents as noted in the STR Application Guide
- Review the Step-by-Step Instruction Guide for submitting your application online.
- Go To OneNV.us to create a user account
- On OneNV.us, click on the "Short Term Rentals" tab to start the submittal process
STR Home Inspections - What You Can Expect and Prepare For
Virtual STR Workshop
Next Meeting Date & Time TBD
Attend a virtual workshop on Zoom for a presentation on the STR permit application process and Q&A with staff.
Learn More »
Washoe County Planning Staff is currently creating and developing the online permitting process for Short Term Rental Permits. Guidelines, tutorials and application information will become available here soon.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Due to the high-volume of property owners wishing to obtain an STR Permit at the same time, a 3-month grace period will be implimented to help everyone navigate the new permitting process.
STR Permit Applications will be accepted online through OneNV.us starting May 1, 2021. Detailed infomration regarding this process will be available through "Guidlines" and "Tutorials" which will become available on this webstie.
Written step-by-step guildelines will be available on this website, listing all documentation and forms necessary to begin the STR Permitting Process.
Current Guides Available
- STR Application Guide
- STR Home Inspection Check List
- STR Permit Submittal Guide - Step-by-Step Instructions for OneNV.us
Short video tutorials to help walk you through the STR permitting and application process will be available on this website.