Short Term Rentals
Washoe County STR
Announcements & Updates
New Instruction Guides and an "STR Inspection Check List" Now Available
- Navigate OneNV.us by following the Step-by-Step Instruction Guide which will help walk you through the online submittal process. These instructions will be availble on the "STR Permits" tab to the left.
- An STR Inspection Check List is now available for STR applicants on the "STR Permits" tab to the left. Learn what you can expect during the on-site inspection of an STR.
Proposed Nevada Assembly Bill 363 (AB363)
We have received many questions relating to the currently proposed Legislative Bill AB363 which drafts regulations for Short Term Rentals. Washoe County already has its own adopted ordinance and will start issuing STR Permit starting May 1st, 2021. If and when AB363 passes into law, Washoe County would have to come into conformance with the requirements of this law, amend its STR Ordinance and then require these new provisions for all NEW and RENEWING STR Permits issued after the law comes into effect. STR Permits issued before this law would come into effect, would be valid for 12 months as permitted under Washoe County's original ordinance adopted on March 23, 2021 in Ch. 110 Article 319.
AB363 is being heard April 29th, 2021 at 4pm and can be accessed:
Most Recent STR Updates:
- The Board of County Commissioners heard the first reading of the ordinance on 02/23/2021.
- The Board of County Commissioners heard the second a reading and adopted the STR Ordiance at the 3/23/2021 meeting.
- Permitting Platform scheduled to open on 05/01/2021
- Permitting Guidlines and Tutorials will become available on this website before 05/01/2021
- An STR "How To Apply" Virtual Workshop will be held on 04/28/2021 at 2pm via Zoom, click HERE for more information on how to attend.
- STR Permit Application, click HERE to view and download the PDF
Board of County Commissioners March 23, 2021 Adopted STR Ordinances:
- Adopted Ordinance - Chapter 110 - Development Code
- Adopted Ordinance - Chapter 50 - Public Peace, Safety and Morals Code
- Adopted Ordinance - Chapter 125 - Administrative Enforcement Code
- Resolution R21-001 - Master Fee Schedule Chapter 110 and Chapter 125
- Master Fee Schedule - Chapter 110 - Development Code
- Master Fee Schedule - Chapter 125 - Administrative Enforcement Code
On March 23, 2021, a second reading and adoption of the draft ordinances was heard and voted on by the Board of County Commissioners. Staff is currently working to create a permitting platform and comprehensive guidelines for the public to submit an STR permit application online for launch on May 1, 2021. Information will be updated on this website as it becomes available. Please be patient with us as we prepare all necessary documents and tutorials in order to meet the May 1st deadline. There will be a three-month grace period, from May 1, 2021 to July 31, 2021, in anticipation of a high-volume of properties wishing to obtain permits at the same time. The grace period is intended to allow time for STR owners to submit and obtain an STR permit. Full enforcement of the ordinances will start August 1, 2021.
Thank you in advance for your patience while staff continues to work diligently to meet the May 1, 2021 deadline. Due to the high volume of inquiries, all questions regarding permitting will be referred to this website. Please check back frequently for updates. There will be a three-month grace period to submit an STR application and obtain an STR Permit starting May 1, 2021. Full enforcement of the ordinances will start August 1, 2021.
Please hold all STR questions until May 1, 2021
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org