Chair, Marsha Berkbigler, District 1
Vice-Chair, Kitty Jung, District 3
Bob Lucey, District 2
Vaughn Hartung, District 4
Jeanne Herman, District 5
ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY
NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
WASHOE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
COMMISSION CHAMBERS - 1001 E. 9th Street, Reno, Nevada
January 13, 2015
Pursuant to NRS 241.020, the Agenda for the Commission Meeting has been posted at the following locations: Washoe County Administration Building (1001 E. 9th Street, Bldg. A), Washoe County Courthouse-Second Judicial District Court (75 Court Street), Washoe County Central Library (301 South Center Street); Sparks Justice Court (1675 East Prater Way); www.washoecounty.us/bcc and https://notice.nv.gov.
Members of the Board of County Commissioners also serve as the Board of Fire Commissioners for the Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and as the Board of Fire Commissioners for the Sierra Fire Protection District and the Washoe County Liquor and Gaming Board and during this meeting may convene as any of those boards as indicated on this or a separately posted agenda.
Support documentation for the items on the agenda, provided to the Washoe County Board of Commissioners is available to members of the public at the County Manager’s Office (1001 E. 9th Street, Bldg. A, 2nd Floor, Reno, Nevada) Joey Orduna Hastings, Assistant County Manager, (775) 328-2000 and on Washoe County’s website www.washoecounty.us/bcc
All items numbered or lettered below are hereby designated for possible action as if the words “for possible action” were written next to each item (NRS 241.020). An item listed with asterisk (*) next to it is an item for which no action will be taken.
10:00 a.m. *1. Salute to the flag.
*2. Roll call.
*3. Public Comment. Comment heard under this item will be limited to three minutes per person and may pertain to matters both on and off the Commission agenda. The Commission will also hear public comment during individual action items, with comment limited to three minutes per person. Comments are to be made to the Commission as a whole.
*4. Commissioners’/Manager’s announcements, reports/updates from County Commission members concerning various boards/commissions they may be a member of or liaison to. Requests for information, topics for future agendas and any ideas and suggestions for greater efficiency, cost effectiveness and innovation in County government. (No discussion among Commissioners will take place on this item.)
5. Introduction of new Washoe County employees. (All Commission Districts.)
6. Introduction of Shyanne Schull as the Regional Animal Services Director effective January 12, 2015. (All Commission Districts.)
Proclamations and Resolutions.
8. A. Approve minutes for the Board of County Commissioners’ October 28, November 12, and December 9, 2014 meeting, special meeting of December 2, 2014 and concurrent meeting of December 8, 2014 meeting.
8. C. Approve amendments [increase of $69,151] in both revenue and expense to the FY15 Advancing Conformance with the Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Grant Program (VNRFRPS), IO11088, and if approved direct the Comptroller’s Office to make the appropriate budget adjustments--Health District. (All Commission Districts.)
8. D. Approve requests for reclassification of a vacant Office Support Specialist, pay grade H, to an Account Clerk, pay grade G (Community Services); a Department Computer Application Specialist, pay grade J, to a Department Systems Specialist, pay grade KL (Sheriff’s Office); a Program Assistant, pay grade K, to a Community Outreach Coordinator, pay grade N (County Manager), and an Administrative Assistant II, pay grade L, to an Assistant to the County Manager, pay grade N (County Manager) as evaluated by the Job Evaluation Committee; and remove the job classifications of Department Computer Application Specialist and Department Computer Specialist, pay grades J and KL respectively, from the Washoe County Classification Plan. Net annual cost of these actions is estimated at [$30,691]--Human Resources. (All Commission Districts.)
8. E. rates Approve a ten percent (10%) increase to the reimbursement for cremation or burial of indigent persons provided by Washoe County funeral homes, mortuaries and cemeteries--Social Services. (All Commission Districts.)
8. F. 2. Approve an Agreement for employee residence between Washoe County and David Evans (Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Deputy) retroactive to January 1, 2015, to allow occupancy within the County owned residence located at 330 Sunset Boulevard, Gerlach, Nevada. (Commission District 5.)
8. F. 3. Approve an Agreement between Washoe County and BV Reno LLC to hold the Bon Vivant Festival at Rancho San Rafael Regional Park on June 5-7, 2015, with options for 2016 and 2017. (Commission District 3.)
8. F. 4. Approve a Quitclaim Deed to transfer APN 007-111-12, a 1,200 square foot sliver parcel located at 0 Codel Way as authorized under NRS 244.281; and all other matters properly related thereto. (Commission District 3.)
8. H. 1. Approve grant award [$80,000, no match required] and Interlocal Contract between Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and Washoe County Board of County Commissioners On Behalf Of The Sheriff’s Office for reimbursement of expenses associated with Internet Crimes Against Children investigations, grant term is retroactive from 10/1/14 – 6/30/15, and if approved, direct Comptroller’s Office to make the necessary budget adjustments. (All Commission Districts.)
8. H. 2. Approve Sheriff’s Security Agreement between the Hyatt Regency – Lake Tahoe and the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office to provide uniformed Deputy Sheriffs for security [costs to be reimbursed by HYATT] during New Year’s Eve events, retroactively from December 31, 2014 through January 1, 2015 to be held at the Hyatt Regency – Lake Tahoe in Incline Village, Washoe County. (Commission District 1.)
8. I. 1. Accept a donation [$1,000] from Timothy and Shelley Farrell to the County of Washoe on behalf of the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office to purchase equipment for the K-9 Unit and authorize Comptroller’s Office to make the appropriate budget adjustments--Sheriff. (All Commission Districts.)
8. I. 2. Accept a donation [$1,500] from the Reno Air Racing Association, Inc., dba: National Championship Air Races to the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office for the Citizen Corps Program (CCP), and, if approved, authorize Comptroller’s Office to make appropriate budget adjustments--Sheriff. (All Commission Districts.)
8. I. 3. Accept cash donations [$35,668.95] from various businesses, organizations and individuals and acknowledge in-kind donations for Regional Parks and Open Space programs and facilities; and direct the Comptroller’s Office to make the appropriate budget adjustments--Community Services. (All Commission Districts.)
End of Consent Items
9. Presentation, discussion and possible approval of the top themes that resulted from the Smarter Region community engagement process to determine a new regional economic development brand vision--Manager. (All Commission Districts.)
10. Recommendation to approve the purchase of a three year license for Intel Security’s McAfee Complete End Point Enterprise Suite and Content Security Suite from the lowest responsible reseller, CDW-G, at a cost of [$243,047.90]--Technology Services. (All Commission Districts.)
11. Recommendation to award a bid and approve the Agreement to the lowest responsive, responsible bidder for the Rancho San Rafael Regional Park Irrigation System Reconstruction Project - Phase 1, recommended [Gerhardt & Berry Construction, Inc., $485,252]--Community Services. (Commission District 3.) To be heard before Agenda Item #12.
12. Recommendation to approve Amendment 1 to the Agreement for Professional Services between Washoe County and Wood Rodgers, Inc., for additional scope of work items in support of construction of the Rancho San Rafael Regional Park Irrigation System Reconstruction Project – Phase 1, for an additional [estimated amount of $38,500] and a total estimated contract amount of $134,800; and authorize the Purchasing and Contracts Manager to sign the Amendment 1--Community Services. (Commission District 3.) To be heard after Agenda Item #11.
13. Recommendation to approve an Agreement for Consulting Engineering Services between Washoe County and CH2M Hill Engineers, Inc. to provide construction management for the South Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility Bio-Solids Facility Project [$1,156,000]--Community Services. (Commission District 2.)
14 Recommendation to approve the Regional Road Impact Fee land use assumptions and adopt the Regional Road Impact Fee Capital Improvements Plan as required by NRS 278B.190 and NRS 278B.210. (All Commission Districts.) To be heard before Agenda Items #15 and #16.
15. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to adopt regional road impact fees for unincorporated Washoe County, as described in the Regional Road Capital Improvement Plan and Impact Fee Methodology dated September 19, 2014, and as provided for in NRS 278B.160 and Washoe County Code Section 110.706.05; and, providing for matters properly related thereto; and if introduced, set a public hearing for second reading and possible adoption of the ordinance for January 27, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.--Community Services. (All Commission Districts.) To be heard after Agenda Item #14 and before Agenda Item #16.
16. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amend Washoe County Code, Chapter 110, Development Code, at Article 706 (Impact Fees) at Section 110.706.05, Regional Road Impact Fee, to correct NRS citations, to reference the latest General Administrative Manual (GAM) for applicability, to adopt the latest approved GAM, to adopt the latest version of the Regional Road Improvement Fee System Capital Improvement Plan (RRIF CIP), to define service area boundaries as within the GAM and fees as within the RRIF CIP, and to set the impact fees in accordance with the GAM and the fee schedule within the Regional CIP; and, providing for matters properly related thereto; and if introduced, set a public hearing for second reading and possible adoption of the ordinance for January 27, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.--Community Services. (All Commission Districts.) To be heard after Agenda Items #14 and #15.
17. Discussion and possible action with regard to amendment, additions to and/or repeal of the 2012 Washoe County Board of Commissioners Rules and Procedures, and such other action as the Board of Commissioners may desire to take in regard to these administrative matters. (All Commission Districts.)
18. Discussion and possible action with regard to appointment and reappointment of Commissioners to boards and commissions, alteration of terms of service on boards and commissions where legally permissible. (All Commission Districts.)
19. Discussion and possible further direction to staff to establish a process and timeframe to fill a vacant Reno Justice Court Department, Department 3, including soliciting applicants, screening applicants (including the possible appointment of a subcommittee of the Board)--Manager. (All Commission Districts.)
6:00 p.m. Public Hearing. (Note: Item listed under this heading only will be heard at or after the noted time. In no case will it be heard before the stated time. Due to public testimony and discussion, time expended on the item in this category can vary.)
Shall the Board of County Commissioners of Washoe County in the State of Nevada, be authorized to incur a general obligation indebtedness on behalf of the County by the issuance at one time, or from time to time, of the County's general obligation (limited tax) building bonds, in one series or more, in the aggregate principal amount of not exceeding $12,000,000 for the purpose of financing, wholly or in part, the acquisition, construction, improvement and equipment of building projects as defined in NRS 244A.019, the bonds to mature commencing not later than five (5) years from the date or respective dates of the bonds and ending not later than thirty (30) years therefrom, to bear interest at a rate or rates not in excess of the statutory maximum rate in effect at the time bonds are sold, to be payable from general (ad valorem) taxes (except to the extent pledged revenues and other moneys are available therefor), and to be issued and sold at par, or below or above par, and otherwise in such manner, upon such terms and conditions, and with such other detail as the Board may determine, including at its option but not necessarily limited to provisions for the redemption of bonds prior to maturity without or with the payment of a premium? (the "Proposal"); and
The above Proposal was previously approved by the Debt Management Commission of Washoe County, Nevada.
The County has determined that the Bonds to be issued for the purpose of financing the acquisition, construction, improvement and equipment of building projects, including, but not limited to facilities, structures, fixtures, furniture and equipment for a building for the Medical Examiner, and all appurtenances and incidentals necessary, useful or desirable for any such facilities as set forth in NRS 244A.019 (as further described in the above Proposal) will be additionally secured by a pledge of the "Pledged Revenues," which include the pledge of 15% of all income and revenue derived by and distributed to the County pursuant to NRS 360.698. The Board has, in addition, determined, based upon a revenue study, that the Pledged Revenues will at least equal the amount required in each year for the payment of the interest on and the principal of the Bonds.
End of Scheduled Public Hearing
21. Possible Closed Session for the purpose of discussing labor negotiations with Washoe County, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and/or Sierra Fire Protection District per NRS 288.220.
22. Emergency Items.
*23. Public Comment. Comment heard under this item will be limited to three minutes per person and may pertain to matters both on and off the Commission agenda. The Commission will also hear public comment during individual action items, with comment limited to three minutes per person. Comments are to be made to the Commission as a whole.